Thursday, July 20, 2006

Toynbee Tiles

OKay, this is weird. Apparently, in an act of street art or who knows what, there are these tiles around Philadelphia:Toynbee Tiles. Not just Philly, but in other major US cities, including good old KC, and even in South America. However, the most are in Philly so it's speculated that it originated in Philly.

These messages are bizare. No one knows what they really mean. And no one knows who the perpatrator is.

Butthis is the weird part. I was listening to the radio and the morning jocks were discussing the phenom and they speculated about the creator of the tiles. They named the guy, Mr. X (let's say). It sounded familiar. The guy also died in 2003. They mentioned his widow...And the bells started going off! Mr. X was my client until his death in 2003. I can't really say his name because of confidentially and stuff, but you can read the links. I swear, it's my former client.

Was Mr X really the creator of the tiles? Who knows. I seriously doubt it but I didn't know the family for long, only about six months, so I really can't say.

Damn, I've got to go on a tile hunt now.

No comments: