Sunday, April 22, 2007

Season of Perpetual Vacuuming

Now that the weather is starting to get a bit warm, the cats have begun to shed. I brush Hrothgar and Aethel every day, to minimize fur, just like all those pet-care website suggests. I still find myself having to run the vacuum nearly every day. I don't know where or how the cats produce so much fur.

Last night I brushed Hrothgar, and the pile of fur on the floor was nearly as big as him. I could have knitted another cat.


But what trully amazes me is that this morning, I went in to the kitchen to find the floor covered in a fine dusting of gray fur. At the epicenter of the fur was a strange, calm space of cleanliness. It was almost as if a cat had stood in the middle of the kitchen and willed all the fur to explode off of his body. That's what it was: a cat shedding explosion.

No comments: