Sunday, May 18, 2008

Birthday Girl

Today's my birthday and oddly, turning 32 is OK.

30 was horrible. Absolutely horrible. I just could not wrap my mind about being "that old". WHen anyone would mention my age, I quickly responded in a cry, "Shut up!"

31 was not any better. I'd watch the news and listen to reports about some creepy middle aged dude and then realize with horror that he was my age. (Shut up!)

32 is OK. Maybe it's because the numbers add up to be a prime or I've had two years of being in my thirties, but I've made peace with the idea.

I asked my mom if she had such a hard time turning thirty and she didn't not, but is having a rough patch with turning fifty this year. Grandma said that turning seventy was difficult for her.

My brother turns 30 next year. Soon I will not be the only one in the family adrift in this miserable decade.

1 comment:

Athene19 said...

I'm 30 next year. Oddly enough I think I'm looking forward to it. Maybe its because 30 is a milestone of actually being a grown-up, instead of pretending to be one!