Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Meanwhile, Back at the Krispy Kreme

I'm driving back from my home vivist (which went lovely) and I have to pee so bad I'm seeing yellow. There are no public bathrooms anywhere in Philadelphia so I'm pretty much screwed. I suck it in and drive to the Krispy Kreme on Cottman Ave.

Once there, I purchase a small hot tea and a doughnut because it's just not right to use the facilities and leave. Krispy Kreme has a beautiful, clean bathroom and deserve my money.

I'm drinking my tea and listening to the music. It seemed to be a Beatles version on Let It Snow. Could it really be the Beatles? Sounds like them. How come I haven't heard this before? I should try to find it. Then Feliz Navidad comes on. I just can't resist this song, it's pure joy sung by Julio Ingelsias.

At the exact moment Julio started to sing, I and this blue eyed freckled boy started singing, too. "Feliz navidad!" Then we looked at each other in embaressment. Kindred spirits, me and this freckled boy who was cutting class. I started laughing, the whole situation was too funny.

No comments: