Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Nano Withdrawl and Psuedo Trees

So I have loads of free time. Never knew before. All weekend I kept wandering around thinking I ought to be doing something constructive but there was nothing! Well, only cleaning but I didn't want to do that, so it doesn't count.

After taking a few well earned vacation days from my computer, I'm rested and wanting to do something. Create. Write. Paint a room, something, anything! I now realize how much I MISS Nanowrimo. Clare calls it the post-nano blues. I've got 'em, too.

What about rewriting? Well, Chris Baty (it's one word when I say it: chrisbaty) says to let it rest a bit before rewriting. Fine. I guess I'll start rewriting those previous year novels that I never seemed to get around to rewriting.

Did do most of the prezzie hunting on the weekend. Took Andy to the mall, let him carry all the bags. And most of the purchasing. Men are handy that way. :) All that's left is to get niftly little treats to stuff in Omouse and Athene's packages. Verve's is already wrapped and waiting under the close approximation of a christmas tree, so don't bother asking.

Oh, the tree. Andy wouldn't let me put up a tree this year, the Scrooge. Says there's no room. Says he feels claustrophobic. Whiny baby. So I snidely asked if he didn't feel too claustrophobic, could I still put up decorations? Sure.

So I drapped the filing cabinet with the tree skit and set the angel on a little base made from garland. Hung some decorations around. It's a close approxiamation of a tree. I sang, "Oh, psuedo tree, of psuedo tree..." Hrothgar immediately climbed under, guarding the Cave of Christmas, as is his right and responsibilty.

I think Andy felt like a bit of a jerk for not letting me set up the tree, as he should.




2 comments:

Athene19 said...

Andy Scrooge... Hmm, did you think about how he doesn't actually celebrate Christmas, so he doesn't understand your need for a tree? I s'pose you could always get one of thse 4ft fake ones (small 'n' compact) or put a nice big 6ft one the spare room (there but out of the way).

I have a 14" pink fluffy fibre optic tree on my desk. It's oh-so very cute!

Verve said...

Oh Grumpy Hubby!
No Tree...but where will The Hrothgar hide? There goes the andy (notice no caps, he has lost the privledge to the cat) always thinking of himself and not the need for a tree not only for you, but for The Hrothgar.

Besides, you dress the best tree. I'll miss not seeing that this year.