Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Jake's War Wound

Mom called me last night and gravely informed me that Jake was injured. "What? How? Is he okay?" I think I stopped breathing for a moment.

Then Mom blithey says that Jake whacked himself in the head with a crowbar.

Funny, Mom, really funny.

Apparently, my brother was driving the fork lift, things weren't going well, he got out and somehow a crowbar figured into the equation...Mom's story gets fuzzy here...And he ended up smacking the crowbar right into his forehead. Ten stitchs and he'll have a nasty scar in the middle of his forehead.

"I asked him if he passed out and he said no," Mom said. I don't belive him. Ten stitchs...that means it was a nasty gash and he lost a lot of blood. Jake must be too embaressed to say he fainted. I mean, hitting yourself in the head with a heavy iron tool is pretty embaressing on it's own.

Last year (or ther abouts) Jake broke a cheek bone in a similar situation with a crowbar. Yup, pretty embaressing.

I don't know what it is with Jake and crowbars but he should be banned from using them.

All this story really proves is that my mom has a broken sense of humor.

No comments: