Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Where's Mel?

Rick arrived from Pheonix Thursday night. Apparently I scowled at him when he crossed the security check point. Honestly, I wasn't scowling but I had already chased around some other guy who looked a lot like Rick and didn't I feel foolish when i realized it wasn't Rick...and he didn't look very Rick like. Got rid of the goatee and just had this handlebar mustache.

I said, "You look like a walrus." Always a good way to open the conversation when you haven't seen a friend in a year.

Lee and Melanie arrived Saturday and now the whole gang was here. That night Natalie threw a smashing BBQ and a good time was had by all.

Sunday saw the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall (because you must do that if you go to Philadelpia) and then we took a tour of the Eastern State Penatentury, which is very cool.

Monday was Atlantic Cty. I won $25! Hey,I know to quit when I'm ahead. Snagged stuffed animals from the crane machine, Melanie bought two skirts from a shop on the boardwalk, and basically my feet were killing me. They still are.

Tuesday we did a little tour of the Revolutionary War barracks in Trenton, which was surprisingly cooler than I expected it to be. My feet hurt there, too.

Yesterday Lee said I exhausted him, which is a feather for my cap. Lee has boundless energy and it's impossible to tire him, but I did it. And lots of walking. Lots of it.

Now everyone's gone and I miss them and my apartment is empty. *sad mel* Oh, sure, Andy's here and then there's the cats, but I miss people.

I know my narrative was not really expansive, but I'm dead tired. I didn't get to sleep until midnight because I didn't want to say good-bye. (That sounds far more Drama Queen than I intended.)

2 comments:

Athene19 said...

But you know, when you're with good friends and you're just walking about, you don't notice how tired you are until you sit down... and can't get up again! And then blisters appear, shoes no longer fit, and you end up sitting in the hotel bathroom with so much ice, Leo DiCaprio is due to float by any minute...

Nancey said...

hahahaha