Saturday, October 01, 2005

Firefly

I saw Serentiy this afternoon. Josh Whedon is on my list of "people who owe me money/I have to kick in the nuts".

Let me explain. Natalie hands me the box set of Firefly, a short lived t.v. show. She says I'll love it. I remembered the show when it originally aired but never got into it. I was willing to give it another go.

I don't like Firefly. I love it. It's a truly great show. Great cast of characters, snappy dialogue, all the things I love.

The show was cancelled and has resurfaced as a movie. I couldn't wait to see it.

And the movie was fun. A good movie. Except Wash died!

Wash died!!!! And for ten horrible minutes, I was sure that the rest of the cast was going to snuff it as well.

I'm still in shock. Josh Whedon is on my list.

3 comments:

omouse said...

Joss Whedon is totally known for killing off characters that everyone loves! I mean he killed off the entire cast of Angel in the last episode. I mean how can you kill James Marsters, Alex Denisoff AND David Boreanez!!!

Wash was one of my fav's on that show. I took the Serenity - which Firefly crew member would you be quiz... and that's who I was.

Side Note from Liz: River would totally kick Buffy's ass.

Nancey said...

River totally could kick Buffy's ass.

I understand that Wash had to die to create a sense of fear that the entire cast was going to die, which they nearly did. The last fiteen minutes of the movie, all I could think was, "I guess there's no sequel."

Verve said...

Ooooo...interesting theory on Book's past: Book, prior to being a Shepard was an Alliance Operative, much like are antigonist. It would sure as heck explain the reason why Book had a lot of Alliance security clearance.

Book became disillusioned with the alliance and became a shepard. Mayhap The Operative does as well.