Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Columbus Day

I'm not really sure what is proper protocol in observing the holiday. Adopt an Italian accent? Claim a section of the living room for Espana?

I, however, endevored to make a pair of grossly pink with white kitten flannel jim-jams...for the long noveling month ahead, of course. And my sewing machine crapped out on me. Oh, and I was going to work on Halloween costumes. See, it's not all about the sugary sweet/potential birth control pajamas.

After struggling with the machine, sweet talking it, patiently treding and retreading, even when the bobbin lost tension and created a rat's nest...(stupid peice of crap, 99 bucks on sale at Sears...grumble, grumble...)I lost patience at noon. All morning, no jim-jams.

So I took it to the repair shop. "If it costs more thant 40 bucks to fix you, I guess you'll make someone a lovely doorstop," I said on the drive in. There's no point to the story, I'm just really cheesed off.

And that was the highlight of my day. I did, however, knock one item off my list. There is now a spanking new shower curtain in the bathroom. *applause* Thank you, thank you.

No comments: