Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I love to vote!

Andy comes home this evenign at 6:30 and I'm hard at work writing. He asks, "Did you vote?"

Of course I voted, I think. I lectured people about the importance of voting, even in the minor eletions. But I don't answer...

"Did you?"

"I forgot."

"What!"

"Nano..." I say weakly.

"Put your shoes on woman, I'll take you out voting."

Just then Jenny calls and she, too, forgot to vote. Ha! So it wasn't just me.

After executing my duty as a good citizen, Andy takes me out to dinner. He believes it's really clever to say things like, "Dammit, woman, I don't tell you how to vote but I do tell you to vote."

(This is spurned by a comment a client made to me last year about how she voted that day and "My husband real good to mer. He doesn't tell me how to vote." Funny, in a wierd way.)

No comments: