Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Strike

Septa, the public transit authority is on strike. This makes the already lousy Philly traffic exceptionally lousy. As I was walking down Germantown Avenue, fetching my lunch from the corner deli, I mentally grumbled about the cars double parking, the crowded streets, and the impatient drivers honking and honking like that could do anything. The strike is three days old and I've been late to work everyday. Driving anywhere takes twice as long.

And it suddenly occured to me: The strike was going to be in my novel.

Excited, I hustled back to my office and started writing notes on a fax coversheet. Ah, the magic of NaNoWriMo...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Things are going well for you on the NANO front, I see. Who's going on strike- Portia?

BTW, feel free to read a bit of my NANO Novel and let me know if you can stand the result....