Thursday, December 22, 2005

Cookies vs. Fishcakes

This is petty. And I'm ashamed to even be talking about it, but all week our clients and vendors have been showering us with holiday themed gifts. This is great. But I've got a case of sibling rivalry and yesterday I was acting like a brat.

Jule has more christmas cards than I. Fine. I mailed out 67 cards to my clients and have only received two in return. Two. But it's not a popularity contest. Fine. Two *muttered under breath*

Then yeterday Jule returns from a home visit with a large chocolate cake. Fine. Someone baked for her. Fine. *more muttering*

And then not an hour later a large box arrives from a home health agency and it is addressed to Jule. And its'sa large tin filled with cookies.

This was not fine. I send just as much business to that agency as Jule. We use them so much because they give us a really good rate. Why wasn't my name on the box, huh?

"It's for all of Social Services," Jule said.

"No, it's addressed to you. If it was for social services it would have said Social Services, Center in the Park."

"I was tryingto make you feel better," she said.

I couldn't stand it! Angrily, I said, "Why is it your clients make you a lovely chocolate cake and my client went to the effort to make little dumplings filled with fish? Fishcakes? I look like someone who enjoys cake without fish, right?"

So it's petty. And silly. And should be grateful that my clients think to make little treats for me because they are really ill and elderly and probably can't even afford a stamp to mail me a stinking cards...Still, fishcakes.

2 comments:

Nancey said...

yeah, she always shares and is wonderful about it. *grumble grumble* I can't even complain that she's selfish. *stupid Saint Jule*

j.sterling said...

just surfed in and i am LMFAO! one more "FINE" from you, and i'm going to pee my pants