Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Neil Gaiman answered my annoying email!

So yesterday while playing Urban Dead I ran across a character named Neil Gaiman. Some of you may or may not know, he's my very favorite author. So I wrote to his blog:

I thought you might be interested to know that in the MMORP game Urban Dead (urbandead.com), you have apparently made an appearance in the zombie infested city of Malton: http://www.urbandead.com/profile.cgi?id=286937. I suppose it's ridiculous to bother you to sign a book under such circumstances. Thanks for all the stories.

And Neil wrote:

You're welcome. I'm glad I have axe proficency...


I'm so excited! He read my email! He replied!! He posted!!!

And you can just go to his blog to read for yourself.

Only know do I wish I had signed my name to the email, alas. Foolish Liarbyrd.

(I'm still realyl excited.)

3 comments:

RobinSlick said...

This is too freaking weird. First you sort of piss me off (not really) by using my name in your novel -- and you called me a bitch! -- but Neil Gaiman is also my favorite author. Here's what's weirder. He responded to your email? He visited my freaking blog last week and left a comment! I'll never wash my blog again!

(I know all this because I use Google blog search and was shocked to see "That bitch Robin Slick". Okay, I wasn't really shocked, I just figured it was one of my kids, being cute)

RobinSlick said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Athene19 said...

Woah! Cool. :)