Friday, September 10, 2004

Quite possibly the worst day ever.

I didn't get a chance to post last night mainly because I was tired and it takes just about five minutes too long for my computer to turn on, log on, and log in, etc.

Yesterday, at 2.30 in the afternoon, my shiny new car died. Just died. I put the key in and the ignition would not turn over. Nothing. Something similar happened to Andy a few days ago. I regret now that I told him he was crazy. But when I came out to look at the car that wouldn't start, it started for me. And I promptly forgot the incident. Until it didn't start for me. Remembering this, I left the car alone and took a little walk down the street to a shoe store. I came back 30 minutes later. Nothing. The engine would not turn over. No sounds, no clicking, nothing.

So I was stuck at the parking lot of the Bennigans, on the Boulevard in Philly. Could have been worse. At least I was not in the hood or the ghetto. (How white do I sound when I type that?)

So I called road side assit. Cancelled my home visit. Left a rambly message for my boss explaining why I stopped working at 3. And I was in tears because my brand new car with 493 miles on it is a price of crap.

The tow truck came in an hour. By 4.30 I was at the dealership, describing the problem, and severly pissed that my brand new car left me stuck at the side of the road. In a parking lot, actually. For all the oil leaks and constant repairs, my Neon never abandoned me.

So now I have a loaner with "McCafferty's Service Vehicle" emblazoned on the sides. It's rather tacky, actually. And while it is nice the dealership provided me with a loaner, I wouldn't want to advertise that the cars sold at my dealership break down. Subtly, I think, is needed.

Here's the kicker: the mechanic called. This morning the car started just fine, like yesterday never ever happened. Punk car. I've been so upset, I forgot to mention i named the car Clark. Punk ass Clark.

After convincing the mechanic that I'm not a silly woman, and yes the gear was in park, the car did not start through no fault of my own, he's going to run "tests". So we'll hear about it in a few hours.



No comments: