Friday, September 24, 2004

The Priceless Handshake

Got an official looking letter in my mail box today, on letterhead and everything. The Director of the board wrote this beautiful introduciton about how back when the comics were called the funny pages, there was a guy who did amazing things at work but never got the raise he deserved. Instead, he got the "priceless handshake" from his boss.

So I'm getting excited...raises...much deserved...oh yeah, that's me!

It was an invitation to Staff Appriciation Day, Nov. 4th. Ice cream social to end the day at 3.30 pm.

The disappointment left a sticky and bitter residue in my mouth.

I deserve a raise! I've been at this job for two years and have only gotten "cost of living" increases. Actually, the last cost of living increase was recended in July because the Center doesn't havce that kind of money anymore.

It's makes me mad knowing that at PCA there are people who do exactly what I do and make SO much mor money than me. That doesn't bother me that much. It's know they get annual raises that pisses me off. PCA contracts the Center to do this social work program and PCA pays my salary. PCA can and should give annual raises to all social workers who administer their program. Priceless handshake my ass.

No comments: