Friday, September 17, 2004

The slowest machine in the world

Playing secretary for the moment at work, blogging on what is actually the slowest machine in the world. Even slower than the lumber dinosaur at home.

Just got the Franz Ferdinand album, at Clare's insistence, and it rocks soundly. The best album I've heard in a while. Amendment: Clare does not remember telling me to buy it but I remember her telling me it was good. Which is practically telling me to buy it.

Contrary to my last posting, Andy is a little crazy but I like him that way. I'm not shipping him off to California.

Okay, the phones are ringing. Someone has to answer them.

Fridays are pretty busy in a social service department. Everyone calls in with an emergency, it can't possibly wait for Monday, need medication today, and so on. And the first line of abuse is the person answering the phones. At least I only have to do this for an hour before the next poor slobe else takes the next shift.

3 comments:

omouse said...

Okay... highlight the text you want linked.
Then hit the little button that has a little link chain on it. A box will pop up.
Type the addy of the page you want to link it to. (Or my favorite = cut and paste)
Hit okay.
Voila. It will spit some junk into your page that will be read as html code and produce a pretty link. Like This

Athene19 said...

I don't remember telling you to buy Franz Ferdinand (although they are a great band!!). I think I asked you to try out Keane's album, Hopes and Fears (I love the song Bedshaped). Other great bands rocking Britain right now are Snow Patrol and The Libertines. I know you like Brit music. :)

omouse said...

Hey look! It's a link! I'm so proud of you!

:) Jeny