Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Katamari Damacy

I spent yesterday playing the most addictive game ever: Katamari Damacy. The basic story is the King of the Cosmos went on a drunken bender and destroyed all the stars. So it's up to his son, a little green dude, to go to the bother of rolling up things on Earth to use as star stuff. To do this, you use a strange ball that stuff sticks too and the more you roll, the bigger the ball gets and the more stuff you can pick up.

It's very cool. The art, the music...It's all so strange, it's brilliant. And there really is nothing like rolling over a cat and a seeing it's little legs thrash about as the ball rolls. Supposedly, in the higher levels, the ball gets so big you can pick up buildings and even Godzilla. Cool. "Earth certainly is full of things," as the King of the Cosmos says.

1 comment:

omouse said...

What platform is that on?

I spent my day playing World Champ Poker on my PS2 while trying not to lose my breakfast.