Monday, January 24, 2005

I Gots a Snow Day!

All Philadelphia schools are closed so I get the day off! *Victory Dance*

I knew last nigh I wasn't going in, there's a foot of snow completely surounding my car. Can't go anywhere. But it's nice that I don't have to call in to work and explain. And last night Andy and I agreed, I repeated, agreed, that we would spend the day at home. A foot of snow. Stay home.

He was outside shoveling the cars out at 5 am this morning. Punk. We agreed! Apparently "agreed" only means he'll wait until I'm asleep to do what he wants. So Andy's at work now while I'm toasty warm and still in my jim jams. Poor Natalie had to go to work today and Delmar was actually on his way over to dig our cars out. I am astounded by this act of kidness. I would have never presumed to ask and it really caught me off guard.

Snow days really are the best days off. Now, I have a busy schedule of playing computer games and putting music on the MP3, whose name is Thelonius Monk. I can to me last night as I ripped a jazz cd. Those games won't play themselves...

1 comment:

omouse said...

I can't seem to make up my mind... which is better, a snow day where you can stay at home, or the fact that in January, I can walk to school in a sweater.