Tuesday, May 31, 2005

George Lucas Still Owes Me Money

I'm making a little list of film makers who riped me off. I honestly believe that I'm owed a refund for particularly bad movies. Topping the list is Woody Allen. He owes me $8 and one night of my life for having to sit through Curse of the Jape Scorpion. That film is inexcusable.

George Lucas owes me the cost of addmission for Phantom Menance and Attack of the Clones. Those were bad, bad movies. The newest one was not bad. It wasn't good, but not bad. We'll call that a draw but Lucas still owes me sixteen bucks!

1 comment:

Athene19 said...

The problem is that the vision of George Lucas drowned in a sea of CGI effects, producing annoying characters (JaJa Binks, nuff said) and ridiculous scenarios otherwise not possible, such as Yoda jumping around like a spring chicken with Dooku. Actors spent the entire film in front of green and blue screens. No sets... All CGI, baby!

If only he'd made like Peter Jackson and just used flesh-and-blood characters, real-life scenery, and just used SFX for fight scenes and backdrops. Lord of the Rings flourished just because the CGI team didn't go overboard. Shame Mr Lucas never really got to grips with that...