Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It just broke, honestly!

Funny how things work out. Just last week I said to Andy, "I think I'd like a digital camera."

"You just has a birthday! Why didn't you tell me a month ago?"

"Just occured to me. Besides, I can wait to Christmas."

Then Saturday, at a lovely Memorial Day cook-out, my camera breaks. The film rewinds. The thing shuts down, and the batteries were good, I swear. I pop in fresh batteries, nothing. It won't turn on, nothing. Andy and a small group of people were standing around at the time because I was tying to get a good photo of everyone, so I have plenty of witnesses who swear that I DID NOT break the camera.

I pass the camera around. Everyone has a chance to fiddle with it and everyone agrees, it's dead. Passed on. Has ceased to be.

Andy says, "I told everyone at work that I was buying a digital camera this weekend," with that knowing smirk of his.

"It was an accident!"

"Uh-huh."

Sunday I cruised the internets, looking for my camera, and came across this guy. It's pretty cool, too. Fancy but not too fancy and easy enough for me to use without cursing at it, which is important.

No comments: