Monday, November 27, 2006

New Ian goes wireless!

I just finished installing my spanking new wireless network.

I tried to do it yesterday but Earthlink has a tricky trick they use to get you to pay an extra $7 a month. Del spent nearly four hours last night trying to hook up the network. He's awesome for trying.

So today I called Comcast to see what they would charge for a modem and networking...As it turns out, even with the Earthlink tricky tricks, they are still a little cheaper. So I ponied up the money and here I am cruising the interwebs from my kitchen table. Cool. The $7/mo also includes up to 4 wireless devices and 10 wired computers. So I feel like having a "use my bandwidth party".

I just crossed 40k during lunch. If I can do another two thousand tonight, I think I can do this.

No comments: