Saturday, November 11, 2006

Week Two Freak Out

Wednesday, the start of Week Two, I had a minor melt down. With work, not getting home until 5:30, the phone ringing, cooking dinner, taking Andy's car to the mechanic, and the phone ringing again...All my writing time evaporated. I was left with a paltry 60 minutes. And I'm leaving in a week to go home. I have to pack. I have to clean the fucking apartment. I have to buy all those crappy little toiletries you need for a trip. Fuck. I was in full panic mode.

And I wasn't like I couldn't not answer the phone and talk to my mom, it's my mom for crying out loud! I have to talk to her. It's just...I seriously was going to change the message on the answering machine to "Hello. It's Novemember and NaNoWriMo. Unless a fmaily member has been born or has died, I'm not answering the phone. Talk to you in December."

My plans were thwarted by not being able to find the manual and figure out how to record a message. Sorry. I know this bugs Omouse as the pre-recorded computer voice is a little stark. Creepy, actually.

The good news is after my Freak Out, I channeled all my energy and wrote three thousands words the next night.

Having crossed the 20k mark, I feel a little more confident, but I want to be at 30k next Friday before I leave for Kansas. I'm not planning on getting much writing done so I'd like to have as much done as possible. If I do a thousand words a day, I'll be very happy.

No comments: