Thursday, November 23, 2006

Those damn rolls (Thanksgiving Story1 )

Mom made a batch of refrigerator roll dough last night. You know, the fantastic roll recipe. This morning, I get u at 7 to make the rolls (as was the task assigned to me.) Only one problem, the dough did not rise. It was rock hard.

Damn. Mom had a moment of panic. "We don't have time to make a new batch!"

"We do." So I mix together a new batch and stick it in the frig. Of course, I though Mom did something wrong. Had to have left out an ingredient.

Now it's two hours later and the dough didn't rise! I know I didn't do anything wrong. I have no idea why it wouldn't work. Maybe's there's something in the air...something that kills yeast. Who knows.

Now Fran's off to the market for rolls. I'm all bummed about the rolls.

No comments: