Saturday, November 18, 2006

Thanksgiving

It's 4:45 AM and I'm leaving in thirty minutes to catch a plane home. I got that quesy stomach feeling I get every time I fly.

I'm taking a laptop to do some writing. I've already let the family and friends know that I will be writing two hours a day. Nothing shall disturb me. I will not fall behind on word count. But, I will be sans internet. No updates. I'm still at 28k. I haven' t been able to write with dentist appointments and packing and all the other crap that seems to pop up in Nanowrimo.

Delmar had a good idea. Nano should be in January. There's a 3 day weekend and no major holidays (besides New Years) to worry about. I'm ready to petition a Nanowrimo January.

Anyway, Andy will be all alone this trip. He origianlly planned to go but with the new job, now has zero vacation time. It's funny, when he had vacation time, he never used it. Now he does have it, all he does is complain that he has nothing of the thing he never used before.

Hrothgar's been sleeping on the suitcase. He always seems mad at me when I go on a trip. Aethel doesn't know what's happening yet but she seems really excited that both monkeys are up so early andis following me around meowing.

Happy Thanksgiving. See you in a week.

No comments: