Saturday, October 02, 2004

The Week in Review

Let's see...Monday mornign got to work to discover a broken door, graphite power everywhere, and a computer missing. Someone broke into my office over the weekend and stole the only good machine in the place. Couldn't take the crappy computero ff my desk, took the brand new one. Monday sucked. Everyone was a bit traumatized. Oddly, nothing else was missing. Tere's no alarm inside the building, so the theif had all the time in the world but only took one computer. Couldn't even be bothered to take it's printer and mouse.

Tuesday was Hurricane Jeanne. I think by the time it got to Philly it was a "tropical depression" but trust me, it felt like a hurricane. It started raining at 2pm and did not stop until midnight. And it wasn't a nice little raining, it was end of the world, heavy heavy rain. The drive hoem took two hours from Center city. Mainly because the highway actually flooded. The water got caught between the cement devideres and flash flooded. Bang. Instant four feet of water. Luckily, I missed the exit to I-95 so I missed out on all the flooding fun. I was stuck on the city streets, as was the entire city, and the those roads were flooding too. Got home fine, just took awhile. I remember the drive to center city that way, Iwas composing this entry. I t was going to be about how Fairmont park is rather ominous in the autumn. The dark green leaves, wet with rain, the buring gold and orange, and the fog that clung to the water of the river. The road is situated soem feet above the river, so there's this steep, ro9cky drop from the edge of the road straight down to the water. The fog was curled inside the gorge, snaking alongside the road, and disapated just at eye level. It was like there was something cashing you as you drive. When you turned your hed, it disappeared into the fog. Spooky. Yeah, then it rained and rained and the entire spooky road through the park and beside the river was under water. So, in a way, it was ominous.

Wednesday, got new glasses. I tried super hard not to get a pair that looked like Andy's, because I don't want to turn into those married couples who look and dress like each other. Turns out, they look like Natalie's glasses. Reddish-brown, plastic frame. Very cool, in my opinion.

Thursday, watched the Presidential debate. John Kerry clearly smacked Bush around. The bezt was when Jon Kerry reminded Bush that Bin Laden attacked us on 9/11, not Iraq. All Bush could say was, "I know Bin Laden attacked us. I know that." No, I think it's obvious you didn't know that.

Friday, worst migrane ever. Thought my brain was going to burst out the back of my head. Went home from work early, slept until Jenny called.

Saturday, hanging out in my jim-jams.

No comments: