Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Evil little sisters

Tonight's blog was nearly about my nearly seeing President Clinton and nearly metting Al Sharpton. Nearly. Both events did not occur because I decided not to take the day off work and stand around in Centre City for a politcial rally (but it would have been so cool!). And the Reverend Sharpton cancelled his rally in Germantown today, in Vernon Park. See, won't take off work to see Clinton but will skip out for a few hours when the event is just outside my window. I have a usually trouble free view of Vernon Park.

Instead it's about Jenny's very sad message waiting for me on my aswering machine, the innane blog her lil' sister wrote, the mysterious reason her big sister was "busted", and how cruel sisters can be.

The message: In a nutshell, her lil' sis humiliated her in front of the sister's friend. Jenny is furious and depressed because that is shit twelve year old do, not grown adults, and really wishes it wouldn't get her as upset as it does.

Lil' sis wrote:
Huge question in life is what DOES matter? What do you LET yourself bother you?
I'm a firm believer no one can make you feel less than you are if YOU don't let
them. Period. Simple as that.
Words are a powerful thing. I know I am over
the top at times, but I think I surround myself with those that can take it
without getting an internal urge to scream and scratch and hit and bite.


Jenny wanted me to read the blog, so I assume ther must be some special meaning to it rather than a pretensious showing of tired cliches and platitudes.

I'm not one to belittle another person's writing...Oh, wait. I am one to belittle aother's writing. As I commented in Jenny's blog, "What do you let yourself bother you?"? What the hell?!!! And it's not the people who have the internal urges to scream and kick the crap out of you, it's the big and nasty external fists flying at you that you really should worry about.

Jenny's sisters are mean to her. Mean. And not just snipey things behind her back, but flat out rude and mean in her face. So mean that I wish I was a bit less civil and could just punched 'em. Oh, and they seem to thrive on an audience. When I first met lil' sis, she gave me two good reasons why Jenny shouldn't be my friend. Such as not passing her driving test and something else trivial I can not remember right now. Do nice people try to sabotague their sister's friendships? Or belittle them infront of their own friends?

Of course, I'm far fom polite to them. Granted, I don't smile and pretend I did not notice them tear down their sister and one of my best friends. They don't like me much. Apparently I was "rude" at some point in the distant past. Now, mind you, this could be my natural social grace and charms. Meaning that I have none: I tend to be blunt and blurt out the first thing that comes into my head. Some can find this lack of refinement rude. Fine. Next time I'll go out of my way to be rude.

Jenny is by far the most talented writer I've had the pleasure of reading, let alone knowing. Her sisters are a pair of wicked bitches only rivaled by the darkest of fairtales. And fairytales always tend to have a nasty ending.

Mean sisters suck.

2 comments:

Athene19 said...

I know. Poor Jenny. But they only have a go cos she's intelligent, witty, funny and an all-round wonderful person and she's better than them. They know this. So they find ways to try and make her feel just-so.

Sure my siblings have a go too (especially my brother) but we always end up having ice lollies and subconsciously saying "Sorry" to each other by agreeing to consume said lolly in each other's company. Good for our sanity but not for our waistlines. Shit happens.

We love Jenny. That's all that matters. Shall we cry now?

Anonymous said...

my sister is a shit slut and she is a lesban to and she kiss ing girls i have a wong family i just waht a new mom just like MS. spicola she is my theater teacher.